Dell Mechanical Engineer in Shanghai, China
Designs and analyzes mechanical systems, equipment and packages. Conducts feasibility studies and tests new and modified designs. Prepares/guides detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication. Duties may include research, evaluation, development, and application of new processes and methods into products. May be responsible for establishing and conducting testing routines, developing or executing project plans, budgets, and schedules, and documentation of work and results.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design the mechanical hardware to ensure performance of large disc drive storage systems and electronic cabinets.
· Design simulation, analysis and test criteria, verifies functionality and performance.
· Provide solutions to wide range of difficult problems.
· Independently determines and develops approach to solutions, under appropriate level of direction.
· Detail oriented.
· Well organized.
· Capable of taking ownership and working independently.
· General knowledge and application of engineering concepts.
· Possesses general knowledge of product/technology/industry.
· Excellent communication skills both in Chinese and English.
· Excellent problem solving skills
Education Required: BS. ME or equivalent, MS. ME preferred
Experience Required: >3 Years