Dell Principal Engineer(Test) in Shanghai, China
Principal Engineer for VxRail
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Principal Engineer on our VxRail team in Shanghai .
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
• Leads team to define, design and develop test automation and CI for VxRail
• Exercises considerable latitude, without appreciable direction, in determining technical objectives, and meeting program deliverables.
• Works with key stakeholders (Engineering, Product Management) to define release commitment.
• Works cross-functionally with BU engineering teams to define and drive automation and CI enhancements/requirements.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
• A proven ability to lead technical teams
• 7+ years’ experience QA in a product/solution development environment
• 3+ years’ experience in continuous integration, test automation and test framework
• 2+ years’ experience in data center related product/solution, including operational services in IaaS & PaaS environments such as OpenStack or VMWare SDDC
• Experience in web front-end development;
• Expertise in scripting languages: Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.
• Experience designing and consuming SOA RESTful Web Services
• Extensive experience working with SCRUM and Agile process methodologies.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English language.
• Proven experience working in cross functional teams and interacting with customers.