Dell Principle SSD Validation Engineer in Shanghai, China
DellEMC PSE(Platform and System Engineering) organization provides innovative platforms, systems, and technology solutions to DellEMC products enabling industry leading storage and converged infrastructure offerings to our customers.
SSD group is a fast growing team under PSE, which focuses on delivering industry leading storage-platform-specific, innovative enterprise SSDs. The candidate will have opportunity to:
• Work on SSD product portfolio resolving industry leading storage challenges which is continuously invested by company
• Work in a global environment, with experts from cross functional teams, BUs, vendor and partners to gain knowledge from device to system level
• Project operated in Agile/Scrum model; Use industry best practice on methodology and process
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
As a SSD Validation Engineer, you will define, develop test plan and test methodology as well as execute it to qualify our enterprise SSD products.
• Develop, execute and maintain validation test plans based on the product requirements.
• Collaborate with development team in debugging and reproducing issues.
• Develop QA tools and frameworks for automation of device testing.
• Develop test automation scripts.
• Evaluate test cases quality and improve test coverage.
• Solid experience in development/testing on storage devices (HDD/SSD preferred).
• Experience in quality assurance and automation engineering.
• Applied knowledge of Python and/or shell scripting.
• Familiarity with Jenkins, TestRail, Oakgate, and Benchmark tools is desired
• Familiarity with NVMe, PCIe, DRAM, and NAND is a plus
• Strong communication skills, oral and written English
• Be able to work efficiently in a global team
• BS, MS in CS, EE or relevant field