Dell Senior Principle Escalation Engineer in Shanghai, China
Senior Principal Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Principal Escalation Engineer on our Customer Experience Engineering team in Shanghai to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As Senior Principal Escalation Engineer, you will lead and coach the team to sustain our world leading Hyper Converged Infrastructure product - VxRail, powered by Dell EMC PowerEdge server platforms and VxRail HCI System Software, features next-generation technology to future proof the infrastructure and enable deep integration across the VMware ecosystem.
• Manage the review, analysis and closed-loop corrective action for issues contributing to software defects and business process.
• Drives the implementation of closed-loop corrective action system for projects and processes that span multiple teams.
• Provides resolution leadership, develops proactive strategies and/or drives improved business results by leveraging advanced engineering expertise and business experience.
• Identifies new technologies and skill requirements to prepare training of the team members.
• Provides the key role in team initiatives and participates in goal setting process.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Excellent ability to define requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, tech plans and documentation.
• Excellent understanding of hardware and software interactions; able to apply this understanding to resolve issues.
• Excellent ability to identify potential product weakness, and be able to provide design guidance and recommendations for improvements to subsequent redesigns
• Advanced knowledge of virtualization of computing, storage and networking architectures and applications.
• Advanced knowledge of programming languages, such as Python/Java, databases, operating systems, tools and hardware platforms.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field
• 13+ years of related working experience
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 31 December 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .