Dell Software Engineer 2 in Shanghai, China
EMC’s Midrange and Entry Solutions is seeking talented engineers with world-class programming, communication and organizational skills to join the product engineering team in Shanghai as the bridge to the global customer escalation support team.
As a team member of a group supporting very sophisticated Storage OS and File System of EMC unified storage products, the individual is expected to participate in cross-site multi-disciplined teams to constantly improve product quality and customer experience as well as take the challenge and opportunity to learn the full stack of UNITY product line.
The individual will be developed as system level expert who can provide defect Root Cause Analysis and drive customer needs back into the product roadmap. Additional responsibilities include taking the ownership to drive problem resolution, participating minor release, service pack, and feature & hot fix development, becoming as the stakeholder to optimize the process for unified total customer experiences.
The ideal candidate will have experience in file systems, data protection, operating systems, networking and device driver development. The candidate must demonstrate flexibility, strong motivation and a proven record of meeting aggressive quality goals as well as the ability to work as part of a cross-functional team spanning multiple geographical locations.
Experience and Education
· Experience in communicating with remote site globally for coordination, team planning and presentation.
· Experience in writing reports and doing business analysis by using tool like MS Excel, PPT.
· Experience in motivating people.
· Good system level program skills in Linux/Windows environment
· Knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas: file systems, storage protocols (NFSv3, v4 and v41 pNFS, CIFS, iSCSI), storage technologies (SAN, NAS, RAID, OSD, snapshot, replication), networking, device drivers, clustering
· BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related field
· Commitment to sound software engineering practices
· Comfortable working in a highly distributed international team
· Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills both in Chinese and English
· Sense of urgency and work under high pressure
· Good presentation skill
University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
1+ years’ experience in system level or embedded software design and testing and development
Strong working knowledge of technical English, including ability to freely converse and exchange written communication
Practical experience using C language, with strong coding and design skills. Knowledge of C++ would be a plus.
Practical experience in multi-threaded software development and associated tools.
Practical experience with contemporary Software Engineering principles, Software Development Life Cycle.
Practical experience with PERL, bash shell scripting
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve technical problems.
Device Driver development experience would be a plus.
Ability to ramp up quickly on SW/HW architectures, and work as a self starter.
Familiar with operating system technology and multiprocessor systems.
Knowledge of any of the following protocols and technologies: SCSI, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS), SCSI Enclosure Services (SES), RAID and storage systems
Experience in using a source control environment (such as Clearcase or subversion)