Dell Software Senior Engineer in Shanghai, China
As a team member of a group supporting very sophisticated Storage OS and File System of EMC unified storage products, the individual is expected to participate in cross-site multi-disciplined teams to constantly improve product quality and customer experience as well as take the challenge and opportunity to learn the full stack of UNITY product line.
The ideal candidate will have experience in file systems, data protection, operating systems, networking and device driver development. The candidate must demonstrate flexibility, strong motivation and a proven record of meeting aggressive quality goals as well as the ability to work as part of a cross-functional team spanning multiple geographical locations.
Experience and Education
· 3+ years’ experience of programming in C/C+· Good system level program skills in Linux/Windows environment
· Good Linux/Windows kernel programming skills and C/C++ multi-threads programming
· Knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas: file systems, storage protocols (NFSv3, v4 and v41 pNFS, CIFS, iSCSI), storage technologies (SAN, NAS, RAID, OSD, snapshot, replication), networking, device drivers, clustering
· BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related field
· Problem solving skills
· Commitment to sound software engineering practices
· Comfortable working in a highly distributed international team
· Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills both in Chinese and English
· Sense of detail and follow through
· Sense of urgency and work under high pressure