Dell Solutions Technical Support Engineer in Shanghai, China
Solutions Technical Support Engineer
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Join us as a Solution Technical Support Engineer on our Product Services team in Shanghai to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will resolve complex technical issues in a fast-paced, customer critical environment, working on improving processes, standards and strategies to perfect our Support Services.
• Resolve issues while working closely with multi-functional teams
• Provide feedback to Engineering for improving product quality and reliability
• Determine priority levels while negotiating and setting expectations with customers
• Ensure the customer is communicated with in a timely manner and treated with the highest degree of respect
• Drive excellence through quality closures and proper escalation of issues
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Working experience in VMware vSphere virtualization technology
• Familiarity with Enterprise Networking (e.g. Cisco/Dell Networking), IP switches & network tools/protocols (e.g. DNS, TCPIP, http/s, ping, tracert, wire shark)
• Experience in Linux/Windows operating systems & Active Directory and Experience in Server (e.g. Dell PowerEdge) & storage management with hardware knowledge
• Experience with VMware Cloud Foundation, vRealize suite, NSX, vSAN is a strong plus
• Knowledge in Container/Kubernetes and Python/ PowerShell script is a plus
• Effective customer service, communication, problem-solving, interpersonal skills, and capacity to deal with customers and ambiguity. Good English communication skill , demonstrable troubleshooting skills, good cross-team collaboration skill
• Will require early shift/weekend coverage based on roster
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 2021-07-31
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .