Dell VxRail Senior Software Engineer in Shanghai, China
Senior Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Shanghai to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working on World Top1 HCI (Hyper-converged Infrastructure) product VxRail. You are going to work with cutting-edge technologies such as micro service, virtualization/container, edge computing, cloud based management etc. And you will build up good business sense to understand and define the next generation HCI product together with global talents, and to win together with our customers.
• Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software/HCI environments
• Prepare, review and evaluate software/HCI specifications for products and systems
• Contribute to the development and implementation of test strategies for complex software products and systems/for HCI products and systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent 4+ years of experience as a software developer
• Solid coding experience with Python/Java on Unix/Linux/BSD operating systems
• Have experience in containerized orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Rancher, etc)
• Able to execute and deliver assigned feature/tasks on time with acceptable quality
• Frameworks - Angular, Flask, SQL Alchemy, Open API, RabbitMQ, Kafka; Experience with vSphere Software Stack is a plus
• Tools and Infrastructure Services - Ansible, Terraform, TeamCity, Jenkins, Prometheus, Grafana; Active Directory, LDAP, logging, monitoring, alerting, remote access (SSH)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 20 July 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .