Dell Senior Principal Engineer, Systems Development in Taipei, Taiwan
Responsible for the design and development activities associated with electronic designs. Leads all activities necessary to take a design from
concept to production including: architecture definition, analysis, schematic design, sourcing, simulation, works with ECAD for physical board layout/route, validation, debug, and test issue prioritization and resolution, and field and factory ramp support.Works with the design team, cross-functional teams and suppliers to ensure the design meets set requirements for: schedule, feature set, functionality, cost, continuity of supply, quality, reliability, regulatory compliance, and industry standards compliance.
• Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems.
• Determines design approaches and parameters.
• Analyzes equipment and test plan requirements to perform verification; conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
• Selects components based on analysis of specifications, cost, continuity of supply, and reliability.
• Reviews ODM and sub-tier vendor capability to support product development and production.
• Ensures that designs integrate with rest of product functions including mechanical and software.
• Creates and maintains required documentation including specifications.
• Ensures the manufacturability, reliability, and serviceability of designs.
• Supports specialized electrical sub-systems such as power, batteries, comms, graphics, component, memory, etc.
• Supports the prototype builds of designs.
• Validates and characterizes designs.
• May also be responsible for the development/qualification of the associated firmware, device drivers, or applets.
Skills & Competencies:
10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Analog mixed signal IC designer or skillful AE engineer is a plus.
8+ years of leadership experience
Advanced technology/engineering skills relating to design, test and quality
Strong understanding of business goals and objectives as they relate to customer use cases and solutions