Dell Consultant Product Manager: APEX Colocation Services - Remote, US in Texas
Job Title: Consultant Product Manager: APEX Colocation Services
Job Location: Remote, US
Remote - United States
Dell Technologies has had a 35-year history and track record to deliver ground-breaking product, solutions and services to help customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey. As we define our mission for the next 35 years – the opportunities to reshape the industry are massive. We will do this through our uniquely differentiated approach, unparalleled assets and focus on innovation. We are making huge bets and fast progress to bring a streamlined experience to our customers – wherever they may be. If you want to join the ‘ground-floor’ of a massive transformational effort and are excited by the opportunity to use technology to define new paradigms and business opportunities – this role may be just the right opportunity for you!
Product Management Consultant (APEX Colocation Services)- Remote, US
This Product Manager role will be responsible for offer planning, product management, strategy and offer roadmap for Colocation Services in partnership with ecosystem partners, product engineering, sales, delivery organizations internally and partners, and customers externally. This role requires aaS product management experience and a solid understanding of cloud and colo ecosystems and infrastructure systems such as servers, storage and networking. It is highly desirable that you have experience in aaS, cloud or service providers as a product manager or an offering manager. This is a high impact role for an individual contributor that will set the direction for off-premise aaS offers and reshape the IT industry as businesses transform from using IT infrastructure as traditional owned asset to infrastructure (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS).
He / She will also be responsible for defining the roadmap for Dell Technologies APEX Colocation Services, which are used by our customers to host workloads across a global network of interconnected data centers and edge sites.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a highly motivated and skilled team of experts, building future of IT industry from a ground up vision and architecture for cloud solutions
Join us as a Consultant on our Product Management team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Product Management Consultant, you will identify new growth areas, technologies and emerging product/service opportunities. You will conduct in-depth market analysis to optimize existing products/solutions and build next generation products, partnering closely with the Engineering and Product Management teams to build a product road map and align product strategies for the business.
• Create product requirements for colo services by synthesizing needs from customer feedback, market analysis, business case, technology projections and pricing analysis
• Work closely with engineering, user experience (UI/UX), product marketing, technical marketing, sales, managed services, pricing, and support teams to accelerate the momentum of APEX offerings
• Create business cases to identify and recommend high growth market segments and areas for IaaS and PaaS offerings
• Lead requirements gathering and management and provide advanced interpretation and recommendations
• Collaborate with Business stakeholders and Senior Engineers on design/creation/positioning for highly available and scalable products
• Use Lean Software Development processes such as Agile, Scrum and Kanban
• Author strategy docs, white papers, market research and vision documents along with user stories for current and future products
• Present strategic product communications across multiple stakeholder organizations
• Manage the entire product life cycle, prototyping and testing new features and changes to our product and processes
• Actively maintain key relationships with customers, partners, and sales to gather feedback and identify ways to improve the offer definition.
• Lead the communication with all appropriate extended teams and ensures they are informed and in agreement with all activities needed for the product/program/project/solution to succeed.
• Drive the creation of offer value propositions and core content for specific target market segments and use cases.
• Oversee and drive products/ solutions through the phase release or solutions release process including business case and resource requirements.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 5 to 8 years’ experience in technical Product Management
• Experience in defining long-term product strategy and vision
• Excellent communication skills, business acumen and judgement
• Strong technical acumen with a history of building/delivering enterprise products
• Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope and scheduling and deploying new feature sets
• Experience in writing product and customer requirements and using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize decision-making.
•Experience in interacting with customers in the IT industry. Examples: Hyper-scalers, Enterprise IT, Co-Location companies, MSPs, SMB IT departments etc.
•Comfortable with ambiguity; tight deadlines and operating in a very fast paced environment
• Strong technical skills in IT, datacenter, colo, Cloud, compute, storage, networking and security
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can take innovative products and solutions from inception to completion, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here (http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/corp-comm/cr-equal-employment-opportunity?c=us&l=en&s=corp&cs=uscorp1) .