Dell IT Principal Software Engineer in Texas
IT Principal Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a IT Principal Software Engineer on our Information Technology team in Austin, TX (Remote) to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As an IT Principal Software Engineer, you will deliver products and improvements for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, you will craft and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most sophisticated technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and partnerships.
• Develop/Engineer software product capabilities that delivers great stakeholder/customer outcomes
• Be the go to person for Technical and Domain solutions for team members
• Provide training and mentor other engineers when required
• Be self initiated to drive POCs, evaluate/propose new technical solutions, improve engineering & devops maturity for the organization.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Expertise in developing Web APIs/Micro Services using .Net Core/.Net Framework or any major open source/cloud native tech stack. Experience working with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure, Could Foundry)
• Experience on container orchestration platforms Kubernetes or Docker Swarm and infrastructure-as-code (Terraform/Ansible/Chef/Puppet etc)
• Experience in more than one SQL (SQL, Oracle) and NoSQL DBs (eg. MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra etc.) Proficient Experience working in XP/TDD frameworks, delivering code to production daily through highly mature DevOps (CI/CD) practices.
• Expertise in implementing low latency data pipelines, event driven distributed processing frameworks & messaging middleware components like RabbitMQ, Kafka, Spark etc.
• Experience with building secure, highly scalable & distributed systems (Cloud Native APIs) handling real time integrations and performance at scale.
• 8+ years of high quality software engineering experience with Bachelor’s/Master's degree in computing engineering or computer science
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills with curiosity to research and learn new technologies & frameworks.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .