Dell Quality Principal Engineer in Texas
Quality Principal Engineer
Quality is everything at Dell Technologies. It’s what we’re known for and we build it into all our processes. In Quality Engineering we play a central role by developing, implementing as well as maintaining technical quality assurance and control systems. We look for ways to improve the inspection, verification and validation of our finished products. Our team defines strategy – not to mention governance – for the implementation of quality standards and methodology. In addition to participating in the review of engineering designs, we assist customers or engineers in gathering and analyzing data.
Join us as a Quality Principal Engineer on our Quality Engineering team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Principal Quality Engineer, you will drive continuous improvement in the quality of systems, peripherals and software to ensure that Dell delivers high quality products to customers. You will work with customers and process their feedback to drive product improvement in order to prevent recurrence of quality issues.
• Manage the Line of Business (LOB) Quality team to identify and implement projects to improve the customer experience, reduce dispatched rates (FIR) and call rates (CPB)
• Steer quality teams to execute plans/schedules that support LOB goals and initiatives
• Forecast lifetime dispatch rates (3 year FIR) and call rates (3 year CPB) for current and new platforms
• Drive quantification of Warranty Cost liability by platform and channel with 3-year cost per box shipped goals
• Define and drive reduction initiatives, and develop supporting business cases for product design features while influencing supply base for quality improvements
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
•5 to 8 years of related experience
• Ability to proactively communicate and deal with ambiguous situations by recommending effective solutions
• Motivated to solve problems that affect the project goals and recognize
impact, benefits and risks advises on solutions
• Advanced understanding of technology discipline, such as hardware, software, solutions and ability to influence other groups through technical expertise
• First-hand experience with quality tools, data, and processes and can use those tools to influence design outcomes and improvements across LOB’s within project, across organization and influencing change
• Bachelor’s degree
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .