Dell Advisor, Data Engineering in Brazil
Dell IT Overview:
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit & Role overview :
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Advisor on our Data Reliability Engineering team in Brazil .
Driving human progress is not just about providing cutting-edge technology – it’s also about maintaining and supporting it. Our IT Service Operations team provides holistic support and proactive monitoring to maintain the overall health of IT applications, tools and infrastructure in complex global businesses. We are subject matter experts in hardware, data and software, security, information access, system performance and data integrity. We also work in partnership with other IT functions and departments to recommend process improvements and resolve system outages.
• Over all 7+ years’ experience in Data Warehousing, & ETL technologies with excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Good experience in Informatica & in any RDBMS (preferably TERADATA/GREENPLUM and good exposure on Oracle)
• Strong experience on UNIX/Linux environment and Python/shell scripting.
• Exposure to any of the scheduling tools (preferably Control-M) and Service Now.
• Work on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required, in resolving problems and making recommendations.
• Willing to work in 24/7 or follow the sun model for a 24*7 global team
• Work as owner of the processes; identify key offending applications and take proactive steps to stabilize application.