Dell Data Engineering Consultant in India
Data Engineering Consultant
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What’s more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Data Engineering Consultant on our PAG CEPI team in India .
As a Data Engineering Consultant
You will :
• Leading Design and Development for complex DW BI Analytics Efforts involving near real time data acquisition and Developing solutions leveraging platforms like Teradata, SQL, Greenplum, Cloudera Hadoop, Data Integration Tools (Informatica, SSIS, Streamsets), BI Tools (TOLAP, Power BI, Tableau, SAP BOBJ) and foundational Analytics with R / Python
• Drive data engineering projects to optimize processes, proactively monitoring and managing data design tenets ensuring data quality
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build assigned solutions, ensuring optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data
• Provide mentorship to junior Engineers and support onboarding for these new Engineers
• Consult with Product Owner to identify new ETL requirements to automate Data Integration
• Simplify and standardize solutions at regular intervals, define and influence metrics definitions from a global perspective
• Design, run and implement DI Solutions to support the business and collaborate with other groups to provide feedback and help in process improvement
• Establish Standards and Best Practices
• Establish and Lead Code Review Practice for the Organization
• Follow industry trends and discuss them with the internal business teams
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 10 + Years of Experience in in the using data technologies to deliver cutting-edge business intelligence solutions involving Teradata, Streamsets, Kafka, Azure Data Factory, MS PowerApps, Hadoop(Hive, Hbase,Sqoop) and experience with developing insightful captivating Data Visualization Solutions with Power BI
• Experience with Modern Architecture including structured, unstructured data stores, stream processing, scale out capabilities, separation of compute vs storage, API/services driven design and mechanical sympathy.
• Knowledge of Dell data sources (SFDC, DDL, BDL, Teradata, SFDC), Azure Cloud concepts, REST API, Web services, Linux scripting, python, Sqoop, Hive, Airflow
• Strong communications and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate big data platforms and solution designs to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Knowledge in key data engineering technologies, including Big Data Tools, Cloud Services, Object-Oriented or Object Function Scripting Languages
• A thorough understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies (including Agile, DevOPS, and Continuous Development practices) is required in addition to strong verbal and written communication skills
• Sound understanding of BI best practices, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, structured query language (SQL) skills
• Strong ability to lead from requirements gathering to design and implementation phases of product
• He/she must possess the technical knowledge and business understanding well enough to identify/define direction, requirements & gaps. Possess a track record of having successfully delivered on complex projects and possess global experience.
• Proficient with Data Mart/Star, Snowflake or OLAP Cube/R Vectors tools
• Proven track record delivering products on time and with high quality utilizing standardized processes and procedures
• Provide input and support program & agile planning activities such as sizing of deliverables, sprint and release planning.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with rapid changes to adjust to customer needs.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of management and staff.
• Strong and demonstrable solution design and delivery in an Analytics environment
• Expert ability to lead multiple large project teams simultaneously
• Strategic thinking with focus on finding and developing unique opportunities
• Mentor and provide guidance to junior engineers on the team
• Influence decisions, lead discussions and present information to business leaders and stakeholders.
• Drive to build cutting-edge applications and openness to continuously improve.
• Leads partnerships with the academic and business community to develop new techniques and to contribute to research in the area of DW, Data Lake, BI / analytics on large database platforms.
• Authors White Papers and/or files patents on innovative techniques or approaches to Agile BI, DW, machine learning / predictive modeling on large-scale data.
• Provides thought leadership to the development and evolution of complex technology, integration and methodologies.
• Should possess limited exposure on development of analytical models using R/Python to develop the model, Spark, SQL, NOSQL, Python Data Engineering and/or Data Visualization.
• Data Governance with Collibra
• The successful candidate must be a team player, supporting and promoting team accomplishments with a proven ability to drive change through influence and collaboration
• Must demonstrate the ability to influence/sell ideas and present to executives. This person will be seen throughout the organization as a model of integrity and ethical behavior.
• You have the patience and empathy of a world-class mentor, matched with the business acumen required to help stand-up new product organizations for our clients and partners.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .