Dell Sr. Principal Tech Support Engineer, Hyper-Converged and Cloud Solutions in Ireland
Senior Principal Technical Support Engineer
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Sr. Principal Support Engineer on our Hyper-Converged and Cloud Solutions Team in EMEA .
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Principal Technical Support Engineer, you will resolve complex technical issues in a fast-paced, customer critical environment, working on improving processes, standards and strategies to perfect our Support Services.
• Apply advanced technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic protocols to resolve standard to highly complex system level issues
• Use judgment, creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions to internal and external customers via a variety of mediums, onsite as needed
• Identify, document and report design, reliability and maintenance issues
• Validate technical information and release early warnings to highlight potential obstacles to senior resources
• Identifies, reviews, creates and delivers timely and highly focused training programs and/or service ability enhancements within the Field and Technical Support Departments
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Eight or more years of enterprise level VMware vSphere experience, particularly within large data centre environments with outstanding analytical skills to resolve customer issues efficiently
• Expert VMware vSphere knowledge, with VCAP Deploy and/or VCAP Design certification
• Recognised by peers as an expert in one or more of the following VMware or Linux product technologies: VMware Horizon, NSX, vRealize Suite, VSAN, VMware VCF, Kubernetes/Container (VMware Tanzu / OpenShift), Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SuSE Enterprise Linux
• Expert knowledge of protocols and technologies used in Virtualization and Linux solutions: iSCSI, FC, FCoE, SMB, NFS, NVME-OF, VLAN, VXLAN, GENEVE, LACP.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher & fluency in another European language
• Experience with Dell Storage Solutions: Block, File and Object Storage
• Working Knowledge of some of the following SAN / Network technologies & protocols (ISCSI, FCoE, DCB, RDMA, NAT, OSPF, BGP)
• Proven track record in maintaining and enhancing skill(s) level(s) according to future technology trends, and achieving Industry Certifications on a continuous basis
• Knowledge of ITIL change management processes.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 31st August 2021 (May close earlier if the right applicant is found)
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .