Dell US Federal Technology Services Management Consultant - Washington DC in Washington, District Of Columbia
Presents operational and service level reports and explains service level support available to internal or external customers.
Administers and manages the configuration of support process related tools, reporting tools, and associated technologies.
Compiles, analyzes and reports statistical data and trends relating to service level compliance and operational effectiveness.
Provides technical support related training and mentoring for functional teams to ensure that process guidelines are understood and followed.
Provides point of contact for support process related questions or issues and facilitates technical support process related meetings.
During an outage or failure, helps to identify and leverage Dell and partner resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the customers implementation
Follow-up on all service calls to ensure customer satisfaction
• Download, burn to CD/DVD, virus-scan, and deliver software updates (Application, Firmware, BIOS, Driver, and Diagnostics) the customer
• Perform trend analysis of historical issues
• Supports customer and account team on technical support aspect of the business
• Presents and explains support deliverables to internal and external customers at various levels to include customer executives
• Manages customer expectations with respect to support agreements and project plans
• Identify and communicate to the customer their current system warranty entitlements
• Travels to customer locations as needed
- During an outage or failure, ensures appropriate technical resources, services and capabilities are in place to solve customer problems; notifies sales team of critical technical issues impacting the customer
• Single point of warranty support; provides customer account management on a 24x7x365 basis, including resource coordination, customer management, technical resolution management, and communications at various levels during warranty services engagements
Account Management/Customer Advocate
- Works closely with account teams to ensure end-to-end planning and sustainment of Dell solutions
• Helps account team to design the customer solutions and supports the installation, customization, and integration of the solution
• Helps account team to analyze customers existing infrastructure and recommend solutions to resolve pain-points that the customer may have with their existing infrastructure
• Explains where Dell products and services fit into customer's IT structure
• Provide feedback to customer on any observed/known issues
• Develop and maintain custom customer support plans and relationships that are tailored to each individual projects unique requirements.
• Refers customer to sales team when getting quotes to extend or renew system maintenance contracts.
• Uses Dell and customer information to account for customer assets
• Contributes to the development of warranty and maintenance strategies, policies and best practices through participation in management meetings and other direct contributions
Typically requires 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
Must be U.S. citizen
Possesses technical knowledge of Dell Enterprise, Dell Client, Dell Storage, Dell Services, and partner software, services and peripherals
Strong project management skills with an in-depth understanding of system architecture and design
Demonstrates strong communication skills and has experience presenting in executive level meetings
Current possesses an active TS or TS/SCI clearance
Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments: Unix, Linux or Windows experience/knowledge TCP/IP networking experience
Recommended certifications: A+, Security +, MCITP/MCSE, VCP, RHSA
• Recommended technology experience: Enterprise Servers and Storage, Client Technologies, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NAS, DAS, SAS, SATA
• Familiarity with the following: Enterprise Management Tools, GPGPU Technology, Hadoop, Vertica, Greenplum, Citrix, Enterprise Virtualization, Cloud Technologies, HPC
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .