Dell Advisor, Product Document Management in Xiamen, China
Product Document Management is key to deploying and managing product data for Dell products’ initial release and any engineering changes that follow. The team is also crucial to managing products and peripheral components though product release and the associated change activities post release. Put simply, they help to keep our game-changing products at their ground-breaking best. Along the way, the team works directly with diverse functions to help guide project management in the definition, design, building and shipping of systems configuration requirements.
· Set up APJ CFI Order Ready or Projects in Dell internal system – Domino/GOMT/Gii.
· Product data Maintenance include sustaining CFI Order Ready update.
· Own and resolve issues on configuration.
· Work closely with IT to resolve any messaging or SKU issues.
· Product Data Testing as and when needed on quarterly basis.
· Regular maintenance and clean-up of CFI SKU.
· Run standard and Adhoc Queries.
. Participates on one project or two local process improvement to closure within agreed timelines and quality standards Audits, validates and manages submittals of PD requests.
· Typically requires 4+ years of related experience, with a bachelor degree in Business/Marketing/Finance are encouraged to apply.
· Basic systems application knowledge.
· Basic knowledge of product data.
· Able to speak Chinese would be an added advantage.
· Able to on board as soon as possible.
· Good initiative and learning spirit.
· Positive working attitude.
· Willing to work overtime.
. Willing to be on backup on rotation during Public Holidays.
Deploys, maintains, and manages Product Data (PD). Manages PD marketing and engineering changes and deviations in support of new products. Manages current products and peripheral components through product release and the associated change activities, post release. Works directly with functional areas to help guide and direct project management to define and design, build and ship systems configuration requirements. Establishes and implements configuration management policies and procedures in support of hardware and software configuration requirements. Validates, processes and verifies PD. Ensures data integrity does not fall below established departmental expectations. Coordinates activities in support of assigned commodities with appropriate customers to establish product schedules and release activities. Methodically directs PD change control activities by researching, analyzing and validating PD in accordance with configuration management guidelines, specifications, documentation and alerts to ensure valid information through the release of PD. Prioritizes and routes PD for new product launches and sustaining data change requests through the product life cycle, ensuring all relevant and appropriate approvals are in place. Minimizes the amounts of change requests associated to the PD in WIP by improving status and follow-up techniques with customers.Undergraduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience. 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced systems application knowledge. Advanced knowledge of product data. Demonstrated capability to lead a program with global scope.