Dell Analyst, Puchasing in Xiamen, China
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Responsible for planning and obtaining materials, components, equipment and services for all parts of the business. Checks requisitions,
may obtain quotations and may examine bids. In some instances, may develop new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate. Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, master scheduling, COC, and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels (e.g. continuity of supply). Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. Manages in-bound supply to Dell’s global facilities for third parties, through managing supportability outlook interaction with supply chain planning teams.
· Plans and releases purchase orders to secure materials and services on an "as needed" basis.
· Identifies primary and secondary source suppliers for materials and services.
· Submits Request for Quote (RFQ) and analyzes responses on Total Cost of Ownership basis.
· Evaluates supplier’s performance (price, on-time delivery, quality, lead-time, TAM) and prepares feedback.
· Develops and administers purchasing improvement programs.
· Responsible for E&O management and mitigation.
· May monitor factory level execution according to allocations.
· Develops long-term relationships with senior management of strategic suppliers for materials, services and technology.
· May be responsible for supply chain management for integrated assemblies.
· Resolves receiving and invoice discrepancies and manages applicable metrics within the job scope.
· Maintains accuracy of procurement database and material return to suppliers on a timely basis (where applicable).
4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Basic ability to track supply and availability of components, materials and or services.
Undergraduate degree and 0-2 years relevant experience.
Good English written and spoken skill